U.S.-based lawyers with extensive experience explain the latest litigation cases and trends for Japanese companiesMarch 15, 2023
FRONTEO unifies all of its AI products under a single brand – “KIBIT”April 4, 2023
FRONTEO Will Discuss Leveraging AI in Cross-Border Forensics
NEW YORK, April 4th, 2023 – FRONTEO (TSE: 2158) co-sponsored with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates (hereinafter "Skadden") will hold an international conference on April 18, 2023, titled "Recent Developments in the Japanese Corporate Sector" that will feature senior executives and leaders from the international community.
At this conference, leading experts from FRONTEO, Skadden, Mizuho Securities, Morrow Sodali, Kekst CNC, Advantage Partners, Carlyle, and others will speak on the latest trends in corporate governance, private equity, and digital forensics. We will exchange information on these topics and discuss the roles of investors and private capital influencing corporate behavior and corporate preparedness from a variety of perspectives. We will also review various lessons learned from recent case studies.
Title: Recent Developments in the Japanese Corporate Sector
Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
*Reception will be held at 6:00 p.m.
Tokyo Marriott Hotel
4-7-36 Kitashinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-0001, Japan
About 5 minutes by free shuttle bus or 10 minutes on foot from Shinagawa Station (Takanawa Exit) of Shinkansen,
JR and Keikyu lines.
◆ Participation Fee: Free of charge
◆ Participation Conditions: Law firm personnel and those with free email addresses cannot participate.
◆ How to apply: https://legal.fronteo.com/event_20230418
*Please apply by Friday, April 14.
*Simultaneous Japanese-English interpretation will be provided on the day of the event.
Panel I: The Rise of "Activist Investors”
Trends and focus of activists including their strategies, operations and methods of attack.
How should companies prepare?
What should a company do in the event of an attack?
- Dr. Jochen Legewie / President of Kekst CNC Asia Region / Chief Executive Officer, Japan
- Yasuhiro Kikuchi / Managing Director, Global Investment Banking, Mizuho Securities
- Minako Otani / Director, Kekst CNC
- Dominic Henderson / Managing Director, Morrow Sodali, Japan
- Mitsuhiro Kamiya / Partner, Skadden (M&A)
- Kenton King / Partner, Skadden (M&A, Corporate Governance)
- Scott Hopkins / Partner, Skadden (M&A, Corporate Governance)
Panel II: The Transforming Role of Private Equity (PE)
Recent status of PE fund activities, investor attributes, scale and investment conditions during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Current trends in PE fund transactions and investment targets: Activist investor campaigns, business succession, growth investments and other target businesses.
- Akihiro Kido / Global Advisory Head (M&A), Global Investment Banking Division, Mizuho Securities Co.
- Hiroyuki Otsuka / Vice President and Managing Director, Carlyle Japan
- Hideo Nagatsuyu / Senior Partner, Advantage Partners
- Kenji Taneda / Partner, Skadden (Corporate)
- Akira Kumaki / Partner, Skadden (M&A)
Panel III: Cross-Border Forensics/Litigation Involving Japanese Companies
Difficulty of Cross-Border Forensics for Japanese Companies
Use of AI
- Shiho Tanaka / Senior Vice President, Discovery Consulting Division, FRONTEO USA
- Makoto Furuta / General Manager, Advanced Information Analysis Team 1, LegalTech AI Division, FRONTEO
- Akira Kumaki / Partner, Skadden (M&A)
About FRONTEO. Everything we do comes from our service-oriented culture that puts the client at its center. We develop and constantly improve cutting-edge technology, and market custom, seamless services that create value for our clients, employees, consumers and shareholders. Our name is no coincidence. “FRONTEO” helps us focus while looking forward, empowering us to apply our AI technology to the mission-critical legal market. We combine our machine learning with unparalleled attention to our clients. At FRONTEO, you are the center of our universe. You define your needs, and we are your helpmates and facilitators. Together, now and in the future, we succeed.
Do you have questions? We have answers.
FRONTEO eDiscovery experts are standing by to answer your questions about Artificial Intelligence and more.